Cognitive Radio Engineering Services
See our flyer (pdf).
CRT can help you develop a complete solution by architecting, prototyping, and
implementing the advanced processing associated with cognitive radio
technologies. Leverage CRT's long involvement with cognitive and software radio
to supplement your team with:
- Cognitive algorithm development: Leverage our experience to rapidly
develop algorithms which:
- Automatically detect and classify signals, even in low SNR
- Facilitate the coexistence of disparate waveform technologies in the
- Provide accurate location estimations even when GPS is denied.
- Automatically detect and bridge differing waveforms to provide for
- Network analysis: CRT's engineers are at the forefront developing
analysis techniques for distributed adaptive wireless networks. Early
in your design process, CRT can provide critical insights into your
cognitive network's behavior across PHY, MAC, and Network layers.
- Software architecture analysis: CRT's engineers have been deeply
involved with both the SCA and STRS, porting both across
- Systems analysis: While we are still in the process of developing for
the Army software which automatically estimates cycles, power, and
memory requirements for typical waveform processes across a
wide range of platforms, we can leverage our past systems analysis
experience to rapidly perform feasibility studies and estimate the
performance impact of the design decisions which go into software
radio and cognitive radio.
- Prototyping: Leverage our experience building proof-of-concept radios to
rapidly demonstrate you cognitive radio design. We're experienced with
Training and Tutorials
Bring your engineers up to speed on critical aspects of cognitive radio and modern
radio engineering with the following short courses and tutorials which can be
tailored to the needs of your organization. The following is a listing of tutorials
which CRT has previously given. More information about each tutorial is available
by clicking through to its respective page.
- Cognitive Radio: Learn what a cognitive radio is and is not, typical
algorithms used to implement cognitive radio, emerging applications and
wireless standards which leverage cognitive radio, regulatory and
- Game Theory and Cognitive Radio Networks: Learn what a game is and
why game theory is critical to adaptive and cognitive radio networks; the
different applications and insights of cooperative and non-cooperative
games, how to apply equilibria concepts to predict network behavior, how to
predict convergence and stability of distributed network behavior, and
techniques to evaluate and improve network performance.
- Emerging Commercial Wireless Standards: Whatever happened to
convergence? Now there's WiMAX/WiBro, 802.22, 802.11a/b/g/h/n/r/s/u/y,
TD-SCDMA, Zigbee, WiMedia, WiBree, UMB, LTE, and many more emerging
standards to track. In this tutorial, CRT sorts out the 802 alphabet soup and
provides an in-depth look at the underlying communications theory (e.g.,